Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Peace - Page 2 Empty Re: Peace

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:03 am

Fräulein Michelle wrote:joy: rejoice

wrong
joy comes from the french word joyeux... used the same way as happy in for example"happy holiday"
ecthelion of the fountain
--The Swedish Elf--

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Fräulein Michelle Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:25 am

i used my bias Wink merriam webster elf ...
Fräulein Michelle
Fräulein Michelle
rogue

Number of posts : 54
Job/hobbies : die Lehrkraft/die Mutter
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:48 pm

ecthelion of the fountain wrote:i disagree. joy and peace don't always walk together, furthermore it is impossible to always be joyful
I think it is impossible to always be happy, joy is something a bit more profound, in my opinion. ~ you can find joy in something/someone and still be unhappy with it/them for a while.
Oddly
Oddly
thrall

Number of posts : 291
Job/hobbies : Pre-Raphaelite Punk
Humor : Roboticon features built in humor simulator and funny bone sensory unit.
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://oddly.nu

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:11 pm

I think, to attain inner peace, people have to realise they can't control everything.
I'm not sure if I have a peaceful life, but I do try to live worry-free:

'If something is wrong, fix it if you can.
But train yourself not to worry:
Worry never fixes anything.
' ~ Ernest Hemmingway

In a bad situation, you can either find ways to better the situation. If there's absolutely nothing you can do, then there's nothing you can do, so accept it and don't let it consume your mind.
My parents and sister are major worry warts, if I ever hear them (or anybody) complaining, the first thing I say to them is 'Can you anything about it?' in a calm voice.

It usually makes them madder * tongue *, but hopefully, they think about it and put things into perspective.
Oddly
Oddly
thrall

Humor : Roboticon features built in humor simulator and funny bone sensory unit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:15 am

I don't think you have to be happy to have inner peace. Being a good person and doing the right thing does not mean you will always be happy. There will always be bad days and trying times, that is just part of life, so I don't really see the point of complaining about it forever. Especially when your problems are not that bad, compared to what some people have to live through on a daily basis. Recently, my life has been turned upside down in certain ways and is somewhat uncertain right now but it is not nearly as bad as other peoples lives. But, in a way it was good, I have learned new things about life because I was taken out of my comfort zone. Instead of complaining 24/7, I just adapt to it.

Oddly is right, if you can fix your problems, do it. If you cannot, accept that is just your life at the moment. I don't see the point of dwelling on stuff I honestly cannot control. Probably best to take that energy and help others in need or those who have problems that can be fixed.

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:34 pm

you have to constantly satisfied and carefree and naive to feel constant inner peace. you would have to live outside of town, bee able to not worry over financial, love troubles. and not care when stuff broke and not watch tv.
you would have to become tom bombadill
--The Swedish Elf--

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:24 pm

ecthelion of the fountain wrote:you have to constantly satisfied and carefree and naive to feel constant inner peace. you would have to live outside of town, bee able to not worry over financial, love troubles. and not care when stuff broke and not watch tv.

That's not true. It is qutie possible to live with constant inner peace, regardless of circumstance. It's definitely not common, but also definitely possible.
Ash
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?
Registration date : 2008-05-26

http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:15 am

ecthelion of the fountain wrote:you have to constantly satisfied and carefree and naive to feel constant inner peace. you would have to live outside of town, bee able to not worry over financial, love troubles. and not care when stuff broke and not watch tv.
*Tom Bom!* rabbit

I think that's partly true, we've let ourselves become distracted and full of worry over things that *really* don't matter. When you think about the big *huge* picture ~ you're born, you live, you die ~ you realise how many petty, unimportant things we care about.
As for myself, being a rather impulsive and impish *and hedonistic* doofus, I do care a whole lot about the pretty *and ugly* details in the huge picture; but I know the picture is there and I can step back and say to myself, 'Hey, you're not gonna happy about that later.' or 'Will this matter in two weeks *or so*?'
Usually, that keeps me from reacting on all my impulses, but then there are those times when I don't listen to myself...Now that has me thinking about Alice in Wonderland. I don't quite remember what my point was. gaah
Oddly
Oddly
thrall

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:36 pm

Ash wrote:

That's not true. It is qutie possible to live with constant inner peace, regardless of circumstance. It's definitely not common, but also definitely possible.
yeah if you are born rich and constantly stoned Rolling Eyes
--The Swedish Elf--

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:21 pm

True dat!
Oddly
Oddly
thrall

Back to top Go down

Post by Blixi Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:21 am

ecthelion of the fountain wrote:
Ash wrote:

yeah if you are born rich and constantly stoned Rolling Eyes

I don't know about that, most people who are born rich, don't understand the value of it and end still quite miserable. Of course, I know the value of it and would not be miserable with it. *elf
Blixi
Blixi
!The Nameless One!

Number of posts : 167
Job/hobbies : Military
Humor : A man walk into a bar...
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:26 pm

thats why i added stoned beer