Strange Occultic items

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Strange Occultic items

Post by Ash on Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:00 pm

haha.. I just stumbled upon this on the internet for sale. The Green man box.

Thought it looked cool, although I would never want it, as it's of course a bit occultic.

Ever have any weird experiences with occultic objects and such?

Either way, I wonder if you can enter into a gnome kingdom or something through this box? alien

http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Occultic items

Post by ecthelion of the fountain on Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:09 pm

hmmm... no not personally, but i have come across objects that have had made you feel that something was not right. my mom can feel evil in the air, she starts to feel sick. there is this old giant house in our neighborhood with an ancient rusty upside down pentagram in the gate, the current version of the house is 100 years old i think. she says something horrible must have happened there. that she feels the evil.
ecthelion of the fountain
--The Swedish Elf--

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash on Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:31 pm

I actually made some very bad items myself, back when I was into sorcery and paganism, etc.. one painting I made I gave to a friend and he said it creeped him out so much he had to take it off his wall.. and then had to get it out of his house... haha. Not that it really that funny, except in remembrance.

And other stuff.. well... i used for magick.. and I ended up having to destroy after an incident which forced me never to mess with that crap again.

Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain on Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:32 pm

i hear the worst thing about magic is that we are locked in the flesh not magical beings, every time we preform magic we gain debts to the magical creature that granted us the power. i hope you have been able to separate from those spirits
--The Swedish Elf--

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:55 pm

of course, Christ's blood purges in amazing ways...

Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Blixi on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:49 pm

Ash wrote:haha.. I just stumbled upon this on the internet for sale. The Green man box.

Thought it looked cool, although I would never want it, as it's of course a bit occultic.

Ever have any weird experiences with occultic objects and such?

Either way, I wonder if you can enter into a gnome kingdom or something through this box? alien

I want that thing. pirat
Blixi
!The Nameless One!

Number of posts : 167
Job/hobbies : Military
Humor : A man walk into a bar...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:46 am

Not to disregard what's been said ('cause I ,too, have personally dealt with sickening creepiness due to messing around with spiritual stuffs that I should not have been stir ), but the word 'occult' was really used to describe things that were rather cryptic and kept hidden from the majority (occultic knowlegde). The occult later became synonymous with spiritual-y matters (mostly negative) because that was what was mainly being kept hidden from the public...and the superfluous information rant ends now.

Experience has taught me, in very memorable ways, that spiritual matters should never be taken lightly; I also realised that sometimes (though not always) there is good reason that 'secret knowledge' of the universe is best kept secret. In my quest to gain the knowlegde and wisdom of Solomon, my mind was almost left like his in the end: nutters.
Oddly
thrall

Number of posts : 291
Job/hobbies : Pre-Raphaelite Punk
Humor : Roboticon features built in humor simulator and funny bone sensory unit.
Registration date : 2008-09-11

View user profile http://oddly.nu

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:48 am

I really don't know much about the Green Man, but I have seen him/versions in churches. Christian churches.
Oddly
thrall

Humor : Roboticon features built in humor simulator and funny bone sensory unit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:56 am

yea.. i've studied latin and occultus means Mystery, or Of Mystery.. Hidden works too. . And it is used often used in latin texts to describe God.

Of course, in it's contemporary sense, it usually refers to something nefarious... but words do often change meaning with time, so it's not that surprising.

What sort of bad things did you dabble in?

I was into alot of Sumerian magick and some druidism. I ended up, while performing a spell that was "supposed" to summon an elemental... summoning a demon or "demons' into my house. After the most intense spiritual warfare and just plain crying out to God for hours and hours for deliverance, the demon was banished and that was the last time I ever had anything to do with that stuff.

One thing I learned is that the most harmless seeming things can be used to open the most terrible gates, through which the most terrible things one can imagine can enter through. For me, even some the harry potter stuff concerns me, after what I learned in that sorcery experience. Thank you Jesus, for your grace, that's all I gotta say about it.

Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly on Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:14 am

The big thing with me was alchemical stuffs. There was a used/antique book shop near my friend's house when we were in high school and they had huge sections on gnostic text and Biblical mythology and religious mythology in general, and delving into that for a while eventually lead me into alchemy.
Seemingly harmless stuff ~ making my own aromatherapy-ish oils and brews *mostly tea*, but the more I read about it, the more things became really confusing and contradictory...mixing this and that would control the Spirit of nightmares *which I was frequently plagued with*. 'Science' to influence the spirit realm...it was scary. Not horror movie scary, but that sickening feeling of a bad presence everywhere I went.
I was still in high school, learning conventional science and from all the things I was reading, nothing made sense; I even started looking at the Bible as some sort of mystic tome. I sometimes couldn't tell the difference between elaborate metaphorical fiction stories and quacks from geniune stuff...it was really weird.
I was booksmart and could pass the classes and be good Sunday school student, too, but in my head, I wasn't sure of anything, nothing really made sense anymore.

I stopped relying on perfumed oils and tea to soothe the elements and ward the spirits and I even more frightened and confused.
What really got me back to reality was a 'nightmare', but one of those where you aren't exactly asleep (I got those a lot especially after 'stopping'). In the 'nightmare', I confronted the bad presence, and I told it to leave in the name of Jesus *like my parents taught me*, and it laughed sorta...inaudibly but I felt it and it didn't leave.
That was really frightening to me, I had grown up in church, we were always taught to fight the Enemy 'in the name of Jesus' and the Enemy would flee, but it didn't.

The people in the church we were going to at the time didn't care much for me *who doesn't love a grouchy teenager?*, I felt very uncomfortable with them; so I went to the church my sister attented *which we have been attending now since this time*. I told the youth group and pastor, who was the youth pastor also, just to help me pray because I didn't know how on my own anymore.

Eventually that presence/bad feeling left as I got closer and more involved with the people in the church; and more importantly I learned that you can't take on an enemy when you aren't prepared.
When you *any of us* expect your enemy to run in terror 'in the name of Jesus', you're seriously underestimating the enemy. Your relationship with God has to be in right standing or else doing anything in His name is just meaningless lip service....woo, long post!

Funny thing, I've never finished reading any of the Harry Potter books, I almost finished the first one, and that was last year. I also watched some of the movies last year, which are interesting. The book was very interesting *Philosopher's Stone and such*, but I get distracted very easily and usually end up reading other stuff...I will, at some point, maybe, read the Harry Potter books or watch the rest of the movies.
I was much more into the mystical quest of knowledge than the manipulation of the world with sorcery, so I don't know if I want to read them if its anything too real...
Oddly
thrall

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:49 am

.mixing this and that would control the Spirit of nightmares

i do actually believe there is alot of useful stuff in ancient treatments, they where just superstitious and though it was a spirit they drove away when they really just mixed a potion that calmed the right part of the body. one of my dads cousins had hemorrhoids, and his shaolin master (he does alot of martial arts) was able to cure it in one session of traditional Chinese ki treatment. no operation needed anymore
--The Swedish Elf--

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:12 am

Wow, that's some interesting stuff, Oddly. I was into some alchemy as well, but I don't want to go into it really.

When I was real young I would get attacked in my sleep too. I believe there is something to the medieval concept of incubus and succubus.. in that manner.. which weren't always about sexual attacks.. but rather were described as sitting on your chest giving you night terrors and nightmares.

I would literally be held down, like a being was actually holding me down.. and everytime I rebuked it in the name of Jesus , it was stop. It was like being paralyzed and smothered... no fun! So to say it was a psychiatric problem I would consider highly unlikely.

Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:38 am

the fact that spirits exist does not = they are always the problem behind any disease or bad dream...
--The Swedish Elf--

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:39 am

i agree, but most disease's or bad dreams don't immediately retreat when you start rebuking them in the name of Christ. That is why I come to the conclusion that in this case it was neither.

Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:59 pm

ecthelion of the fountain wrote:

i do actually believe there is alot of useful stuff in ancient treatments, they where just superstitious and though it was a spirit they drove away when they really just mixed a potion that calmed the right part of the body. one of my dads cousins had hemorrhoids, and his shaolin master (he does alot of martial arts) was able to cure it in one session of traditional Chinese ki treatment. no operation needed anymore
Most definitly! A lot of the mixtures were unbelievably helpful due to the nature of the herbs and minerals themselves, there was one that even improved my horrible asthma symptoms which I still make occassionally; the bad thing was that I started to believe in the manipulation of spirits with the use of nature organic items/the superstitious side of herbalist/alchemical practise and it happened almost unconsciously.

I still have oils that inspire dreams (not scary ones) but I found out that there is a scientific explanation behind it, whereas before, my mind had been clouded with a mix of superstitious beliefs masquerading as science.
Oddly
thrall

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash on Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:02 pm

Yea, many foods if eaten before sleep can either cause nightmare's or just restful pleasant dreams.

Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly on Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:38 pm

Ash wrote:Wow, that's some interesting stuff, Oddly. I was into some alchemy as well, but I don't want to go into it really.
I totally understand, believe me. This was just the abbreviated version, there is really a lot of that I'm still having to untwist and deal with in my head. It seems silly to some people, but when you're actually doing it, its so easy let your mind become consumed and deceived by the whole spiritual side of it. Solomon's mind was eventually conquered by messing with that kind of stuff, of course, there was a lot of other stuff he was messin around with that screwed him up...

Ash wrote:When I was real young I would get attacked in my sleep too. I believe there is something to the medieval concept of incubus and succubus.. in that manner.. which weren't always about sexual attacks.. but rather were described as sitting on your chest giving you night terrors and nightmares.

I would literally be held down, like a being was actually holding me down.. and everytime I rebuked it in the name of Jesus , it was stop. It was like being paralyzed and smothered... no fun! So to say it was a psychiatric problem I would consider highly unlikely.

I would get those attacks all the time...or sometimes the bed would feel as if it was being lifted up and I wasn't able to move. Those times I was usually able to pray in my head or rebuke them. During my time of crazy alchemical experimentation, that presence I felt was similar to those incubus/Old Hag dreams, but it would follow me while I was awake, I would often feel it pressing against my chest to stifle my breathing and sometimes the feeling of being pushed against a wall, but often it was just that troubled feeling. I don't I'll ever forget those feelings.

I was in high school at that time, so at one point, I had to go speak to my couselor about it. He told me it was all in my head, just like paranoia from watching too many scary movies; I told him he was lying. He called me in his office the next day to tell me he had had one of those 'Old Hag' attacks because he had been thinking about the conversation we'd had...I don't know if that was my fault, but he just seemed to think it was just paranoia. Whatever. I proved him wrong.
Oddly
thrall

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly on Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:43 pm

Ash wrote:Yea, many foods if eaten before sleep can either cause nightmare's or just restful pleasant dreams.
I remember when my cousin and I decided to go on a detox liquid fast for a month *water and home-made veggie and fruit juices only* sometime during the first week, I had a horrible nightmare of me violently decapitating my sister but we were having a normal conversation. We weren't angry with each other in real life or in my dream, it was really weird and awful...ah, good times.
Oddly
thrall

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash on Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:47 pm

Oddly wrote:
Ash wrote:Wow, that's some interesting stuff, Oddly. I was into some alchemy as well, but I don't want to go into it really.
I totally understand, believe me. This was just the abbreviated version, there is really a lot of that I'm still having to untwist and deal with in my head. It seems silly to some people, but when you're actually doing it, its so easy let your mind become consumed and deceived by the whole spiritual side of it. Solomon's mind was eventually conquered by messing with that kind of stuff, of course, there was a lot of other stuff he was messin around with that screwed him up...

Ash wrote:When I was real young I would get attacked in my sleep too. I believe there is something to the medieval concept of incubus and succubus.. in that manner.. which weren't always about sexual attacks.. but rather were described as sitting on your chest giving you night terrors and nightmares.

I would get those attacks all the time...or sometimes the bed would feel as if it was being lifted up and I wasn't able to move. Those times I was usually able to pray in my head or rebuke them. During my time of crazy alchemical experimentation, that presence I felt was similar to those incubus/Old Hag dreams, but it would follow me while I was awake, I would often feel it pressing against my chest to stifle my breathing and sometimes the feeling of being pushed against a wall, but often it was just that troubled feeling. I don't I'll ever forget those feelings.

I was in high school at that time, so at one point, I had to go speak to my couselor about it. He told me it was all in my head, just like paranoia from watching too many scary movies; I told him he was lying. He called me in his office the next day to tell me he had had one of those 'Old Hag' attacks because he had been thinking about the conversation we'd had...I don't know if that was my fault, but he just seemed to think it was just paranoia. Whatever. I proved him wrong.

Wow. Was he scared of you after that? elf

Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly on Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:44 pm

I think he was a little scared of me before that, lol!

People kinda knew what to expect from the strange kids who wore t-shirts with snarky comments, and the kids with the band patches stitched all over; I don't think many knew (know now) what to expect of an odd gal who wove pearls in her hair and didn't always wear all black. *le gasp*

He was a really cool guy, but I think he probably tried to supress his fears of there actually being a Spiritual realm, he was a staunch atheist...plus speaking of 'religious' matters was rather frowned upon.
Oddly
thrall

Back to top Go down

Post by stefan on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:53 pm

Intent has a lot to do with it. We are created in the image of the Almighty. We have more power than we realize, we can choose Life, Death, Create, Destroy. We can open doors that are not meant to be opened.

Life Christ said, "I stand at the door and knock". That is the door I choose to open!
stefan
rogue

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:27 pm

You can get into that sort of stuff with good intention ~ I'll use the example of myself:

I had every intention of gaining the Wisdom of Solomon and doing the work of God, healing the ill, easing pain, helping the helpless, solving problems *I was a weird and very idealistic kid, kay*, yet I ended up frightening my family and myself and other loved ones for years after the fact...

'The road to hell is paved with good intentions.' (variations of the proverb)

Whether we are purposely doing wrong or doing wrong ignorantly, it doesn't matter, we are human and we are going to screw up; tis the whole reason God bothered to send his son to be the example for us and save us.
Oddly
thrall

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly on Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:53 pm

Was anyone ever into Tarot and actually got something that made sense?

Maybe I just wasn't enlightened or clairvoyant enough, but any time I tried reading le cards, the result was often something very vague and always very pretentious sounding.
Oddly
thrall

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash on Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:55 pm

Never into that divination stuff. But I believe their can be truth to it. Makes me think of the Witch of Endor that Solomon went too.

This staff is awesome and a bit creepy.. make me think of Moses'' staff that turned into a snake and the Egyptian sorceror's that also did the same thing... but who's snakes got eaten..

...uiohjkb;addjkjl.... man.. i cannot type

Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly on Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:04 am

The red eyes creep me out, but other than that tis a way cool staff, and it certainly does bring that story to mind.

There are many people with very authentic powers of divination, and despite being told by one of these people that I was rather clairvoyant *Shocked* and was given my first hand-painted Tarot by that person, I was never good at deciphering an actual, substantial (for lack of a better word) fortune from what the cards would 'tell' me. Pretty pictures though...

I think I put the cards in a pretty box somewhere, but the lovely green velvet pouch they came in, I stuffed it with scented sawdust and hung it on my bedpost. I noticed it earlier in the week and it reminded me of all that.
Oddly
thrall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next