Strange Occultic items

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Strange Occultic items

Post by Diamhasla on Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:56 am

I used to have a pentagram handmade from brass and silver that guy who was into witchcraft gave me. It never affected me negatively, but it freaked some other people out and eventually someone took it got rid of it. They still won't tell me where it is or whet they did with it.

Diamhasla
rogue

Number of posts : 53
Location : Trapped on a little green island full of leprechauns and alchoholics
Job/hobbies : Not much
Humor : Got mole problems? Call Avogadro on 602214151023
Registration date : 2009-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Occultic items

Post by ecthelion of the fountain on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:06 am

the ironic part is that pentagrams are the symbol of love and Christians did for a very long time wear handmade silver pentagrams round their necks as protection from bad spirits. churches even had them over the gates to keep goblins and devils out.
avatar
ecthelion of the fountain
--The Swedish Elf--

Number of posts : 324
Age : 29
Location : on the train between the university and home
Registration date : 2008-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Occultic items

Post by Ash on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:19 pm

ecthelion of the fountain wrote:the ironic part is that pentagrams are the symbol of love and Christians did for a very long time wear handmade silver pentagrams round their necks as protection from bad spirits. churches even had them over the gates to keep goblins and devils out.

And of course "Goblins' were understood to be evil and harassing spirits, in those days. Now a days, people think only of Tolkiens Goblins, most of the time.

_________________




http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
avatar
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Age : 40
Location : san diego, Ca, USA
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Occultic items

Post by Oddly on Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:30 pm

ecthelion of the fountain wrote:well it's gonna be my job someday, archeology is pretty much historic anthropology. so its sort of like trying to come up with a logical explanation for something very weird.
I am madly jealous. I wanted to study Egyptology, but my parents discouraged it as they said stealing artifacts is frowned upon...and then there's that whole flying causes me to forcefully project vomit thing.
avatar
Oddly
thrall

Number of posts : 291
Age : 109
Location : Arizona Bay
Job/hobbies : Pre-Raphaelite Punk
Humor : Roboticon features built in humor simulator and funny bone sensory unit.
Registration date : 2008-09-11

View user profile http://oddly.nu

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Occultic items

Post by ecthelion of the fountain on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:28 am

Oddly wrote:
ecthelion of the fountain wrote:well it's gonna be my job someday, archeology is pretty much historic anthropology. so its sort of like trying to come up with a logical explanation for something very weird.
I am madly jealous. I wanted to study Egyptology, but my parents discouraged it as they said stealing artifacts is frowned upon...and then there's that whole flying causes me to forcefully project vomit thing.
archeology is no longer the hunting for artifacts, today its more of a historic division of anthropology. since stealing of artifacts directly kills the opportunity to read what happened on the site most archaeologists hate grave robbers guts and would like nothing more then to have them all die a horrible horrible death. the days are long gone when professional archaeologists robs a poor country on all their artifacts.
i know a few people that wanna study Egyptology, i would maybe have taken a few lectures in it, but they don't teach it here. the ones that wanna specialize in that has to go either to Copenhagen or farther up north in sweden. whats nice with swedish egyptology and roman/greek archaeology programs is that they usually include a few weeks down there to study the stuff up close, and sometimes even for free
avatar
ecthelion of the fountain
--The Swedish Elf--

Number of posts : 324
Age : 29
Location : on the train between the university and home
Registration date : 2008-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Occultic items

Post by Ash on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:46 am

Some of those Egyptian artifacts though, seem to have been really cursed. I would watch out for some of the pharaohs long buried things.

I guess, it makes sense too.. that some of their stuff could be really cursed.. just look at the biblical accounts of how powerful the Egyptian sorcerers were.

_________________




http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
avatar
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Age : 40
Location : san diego, Ca, USA
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Occultic items

Post by ecthelion of the fountain on Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:14 pm

i sneak into the institutions museum every chance i get to look at objects from the viking temple they dug up not far from here a while ago. maybe is shouldn't do that then hame
avatar
ecthelion of the fountain
--The Swedish Elf--

Number of posts : 324
Age : 29
Location : on the train between the university and home
Registration date : 2008-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Occultic items

Post by Ash on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:16 pm

nah.. life is short... Razz

_________________




http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
avatar
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Age : 40
Location : san diego, Ca, USA
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Occultic items

Post by Oddly on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:23 pm

ecthelion of the fountain wrote:archeology is no longer the hunting for artifacts, today its more of a historic division of anthropology. since stealing of artifacts directly kills the opportunity to read what happened on the site most archaeologists hate grave robbers guts and would like nothing more then to have them all die a horrible horrible death. the days are long gone when professional archaeologists robs a poor country on all their artifacts. the days are long gone when professional archaeologists robs a poor country on all their artifacts.
I have mixed feelings about grave robbers and the like.
On one hand, such people prevent us from gaining a full view of the worlds past, which is not cool; but on the other hand, sometimes these plundered treasures become things of legend and secret knowledge, and that is always cool.

Maybe the archaeologists aren't stealing anymore, but some others in the museum biz may not be so caring ~ not quite the same, but there are rumors the paintings stolen from the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum back in the 90s were taken by people in the historical study business.
avatar
Oddly
thrall

Number of posts : 291
Age : 109
Location : Arizona Bay
Job/hobbies : Pre-Raphaelite Punk
Humor : Roboticon features built in humor simulator and funny bone sensory unit.
Registration date : 2008-09-11

View user profile http://oddly.nu

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Occultic items

Post by Oddly on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:26 pm

Ash wrote:Some of those Egyptian artifacts though, seem to have been really cursed. I would watch out for some of the pharaohs long buried things.

I guess, it makes sense too.. that some of their stuff could be really cursed.. just look at the biblical accounts of how powerful the Egyptian sorcerers were.
Information like that does not discourage me from such thoughts, that causes me to find ancient relics more fascinating and such...
rry
avatar
Oddly
thrall

Number of posts : 291
Age : 109
Location : Arizona Bay
Job/hobbies : Pre-Raphaelite Punk
Humor : Roboticon features built in humor simulator and funny bone sensory unit.
Registration date : 2008-09-11

View user profile http://oddly.nu

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Occultic items

Post by ecthelion of the fountain on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:03 pm

Oddly wrote:
ecthelion of the fountain wrote:archeology is no longer the hunting for artifacts, today its more of a historic division of anthropology. since stealing of artifacts directly kills the opportunity to read what happened on the site most archaeologists hate grave robbers guts and would like nothing more then to have them all die a horrible horrible death. the days are long gone when professional archaeologists robs a poor country on all their artifacts. the days are long gone when professional archaeologists robs a poor country on all their artifacts.
I have mixed feelings about grave robbers and the like.
On one hand, such people prevent us from gaining a full view of the worlds past, which is not cool; but on the other hand, sometimes these plundered treasures become things of legend and secret knowledge, and that is always cool.

Maybe the archaeologists aren't stealing anymore, but some others in the museum biz may not be so caring ~ not quite the same, but there are rumors the paintings stolen from the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum back in the 90s were taken by people in the historical study business.

well yeah nowadays we have to read tons of litterature about artifacts and etics, so that we grow up to good academics and don't sell-out. we are taught that auctioneers and non university museums are the devil. but some still sell out, if you tell an auctioneer that you are an archaeologist he will probably hide all the illegal stuff, but if you also tell him that you are looking for "brand new goods" it's a whole different story. it's obvious that one or two of their dealers must be archaeologists.
most of the ones i know has no problem with buying from old collections, the harms already done, but we try not to do it to much since it also strengthens the illegal market, and even talking about what you can find on sites like ebay makes most red with rage
avatar
ecthelion of the fountain
--The Swedish Elf--

Number of posts : 324
Age : 29
Location : on the train between the university and home
Registration date : 2008-08-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Occultic items

Post by Oddly on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:42 am

Good ol'FeeBay!
avatar
Oddly
thrall

Number of posts : 291
Age : 109
Location : Arizona Bay
Job/hobbies : Pre-Raphaelite Punk
Humor : Roboticon features built in humor simulator and funny bone sensory unit.
Registration date : 2008-09-11

View user profile http://oddly.nu

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange Occultic items

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum