Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for bands like unto ashes, dead can dance .etc

4 posters

Go down

Looking for bands like unto ashes, dead can dance .etc Empty Looking for bands like unto ashes, dead can dance .etc

Post by xiandown Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:26 pm

I'm looking for some more bands in the format of unto ashes, dead can dance .. but no techno or synth. Folk music is fine too, but I'm looking for some depth (so keep away black tape for blue girl and mira).
Any suggestions?
xiandown
xiandown
seeker

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Looking for bands like unto ashes, dead can dance .etc Empty Re: Looking for bands like unto ashes, dead can dance .etc

Post by Oddly Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:52 pm

Hi there!

I don't know if you saw the other post about Daecaunt, I think you might like them. I find them to be somewhere between Unto Ashes and Arcana, though, unlike Unto Ashes they can actually put an album together that flows smoothly and cohesively, as opposed to a bunch of pretty songs thrown together...also, the members of Daecaunt are Christian. rabbit

I'm sure you've heard of some of these bands, but here are some of my favorite *non-sappy* Gothical bands/musicians, somewhat similar in style to the above mentioned groups, in no particular order:
Vas
Cocteau Twins *occassional sap*
Mors Syphilitica
Requiem in White,
Faith & the Muse
Lycia,
Tara Vanflower
Dark Muse,
Human Drama,
Eva O
Miranda Sex Garden
Mediaeval Baebes
Lacrimosa *melodramaic angst galore!*
Two Witches
Machine in the Garden
Curse
Daemonia Nymphe
Rasputina
This Ascension
Mirabilis

All I can think of for now, hopefully others can add to the list. =D
Oddly
Oddly
thrall

Number of posts : 291
Job/hobbies : Pre-Raphaelite Punk
Humor : Roboticon features built in humor simulator and funny bone sensory unit.
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://oddly.nu

Back to top Go down

Looking for bands like unto ashes, dead can dance .etc Empty Re: Looking for bands like unto ashes, dead can dance .etc

Post by xiandown Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:40 pm

Thanks for the list. A few of those I recognized and mediaeval baebes is my favorite. This Ascension has some good material as well. I also checked out the links for daecaunt under your other thread and ... WOW! I can't believe I hadn't heard of them yet. I went to their website and listened to the songs on the completed works page and I must say that they are breath-taking! ty for bring them up.
xiandown
xiandown
seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:06 pm

You are most certainly welcome!

And welcome to the site! pirate
Oddly
Oddly
thrall

Humor : Roboticon features built in humor simulator and funny bone sensory unit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:31 pm

This is definitely not my specialty.

"techno and synth"....... now that is a different matter. dj
Ash
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?
Registration date : 2008-05-26

http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xiandown Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:36 pm

Ash wrote:
"techno and synth"....... now that is a different matter. dj

not for me. No I have to hear real instruments. I did use to listen to l.coil though.
xiandown
xiandown
seeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Blixi Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:45 pm

Oddly wrote:Hi there!

I don't know if you saw the other post about Daecaunt, I think you might like them. I find them to be somewhere between Unto Ashes and Arcana, though, unlike Unto Ashes they can actually put an album together that flows smoothly and cohesively, as opposed to a bunch of pretty songs thrown together...also, the members of Daecaunt are Christian. rabbit

I'm sure you've heard of some of these bands, but here are some of my favorite *non-sappy* Gothical bands/musicians, somewhat similar in style to the above mentioned groups, in no particular order:
Vas
Cocteau Twins *occassional sap*
Mors Syphilitica
Requiem in White,
Faith & the Muse
Lycia,
Tara Vanflower
Dark Muse,
Human Drama,
Eva O
Miranda Sex Garden
Mediaeval Baebes
Lacrimosa *melodramaic angst galore!*
Two Witches
Machine in the Garden
Curse
Daemonia Nymphe
Rasputina
This Ascension
Mirabilis

All I can think of for now, hopefully others can add to the list. =D

That is a Uber list. Some of those I'll have to investigate. Twisted Evil
Blixi
Blixi
!The Nameless One!

Number of posts : 167
Job/hobbies : Military
Humor : A man walk into a bar...
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:49 pm

I'm not too keen on synthetic music, though I do like it when there are synth-y elements combined with more conventional instruments.
Oddly
Oddly
thrall

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:55 pm

Blixi wrote:That is a Uber list. Some of those I'll have to investigate. Twisted Evil
Thank you kindly!

There's quite a few more I could add to this list *and other lists*, I just needs to look into the ol'musical librarium that my sister and I built up over the years...it's a little overwhelming. pirat
Oddly
Oddly
thrall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down