Continue the story..

Go down

Continue the story..

Post by Ash on Wed May 28, 2008 3:04 pm

Dark was the night and cold. My breath was fogging my vision as I carried my weary and numb legs on further. If it was not for the half moon and clear sky, I would no doubt be completely unable to remain on the path that I have been traversing. The thick red trunks of tall trees lie about me on all sides.. and the underbrush crept like fingers into my boots and pant legs.. irritating my sweating flesh.

Just as I thought I would collapse and fall into sleep in the middle of this dismal, never ending path... I saw a flicker of light up ahead. It would disappear behind more tree trunks and then re-emerge. But alas.. it lay in a direction away quite a distance off the beaten path... I worried about this one moment and then laughed at it. I was hungry and half dead. "how much worse could it get, if I simply left the path and sought the light within the woods"... "it could not get any worse"... I told myself.

I turned to trudge, almost gleefully towards the light... it flickered as if through glass.. "it must be an Inn" ..I thought and proceeded towards it.

I tripped and fell over a root, slamming my head against a tree trunk. My head pounded violently for a moment, and i arose and struggled on.. towards the Welcoming light.. hopefully towards respite and warmth and ale.....

http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Ash
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Continue the story..

Post by Donald effin' Duck on Sat May 31, 2008 12:56 am

In a sudden flash of clarity, I realized that the lights were probably nothing more than one of the many flocks of will o' the wisps that haunted this part of the land. Indeed, the light's flickering, ethereal quality and constant elusiveness seemed to confirm my suspicions. Grumbling, I turned back in what I thought was the direction of the path, but found that I had become hopelessly lost. I stumbled blindly in the dark for some time before finally resolving to simply stop and wait for the dawn. As luck would have it, my gropings in the dark had brought me to a huge, lightning-blasted hollow tree. I wearily climbed inside the trunk and sat down on my haunches, with my cloak wrapped about me for warmth. It was then that I made what I now know to be perhaps the most rash decision of my life, and lit my pipe. The comforting red-orange glow lit the inside of the tree slightly, and the smell of burning pipe tobacco filled the damp night air. Little did I know what was about to befall me...
Donald effin' Duck
Donald effin' Duck
conqueror of the flesh

Number of posts : 116
Humor : Phlegmatic.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grailknight on Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:29 pm

The cosy fragrance combined with my weariness knocked me out in less than half a minute. As I fell into a koma-like sleep, I dropped the pipe on the "floor" of the inside of the trunk and the moss, the twigs and the wooden trunk slowly started to catch fire....
Grailknight
Grailknight
wanderer

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald effin' Duck on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:33 pm

I awoke to the smell of smoke. But this was not the fragrant aroma of pipe-tobacco. This was the unmistakable stench of burning pants. Howling in pain and surprise, I leapt from the hollow tree and rolled frantically on the damp forest floor until the flames were out.

Standing outside the hollow tree, I assessed my situation. My pack and provisions were flattened, there was a still-smoking hole in the seat of my pants, and I had lost my pipe to boot. I had to find the road again somehow. I reached into my flattened pack and rooted about until my hand closed around what I was looking for. I drew it out and studied it in the fickle moonlight. A sunrod. This would certainly aid me in finding my way back to the path. I activated it, and it blazed into brilliant golden light... which promptly extinguished itself as a rain of brittle, twig-like things fell from the sky onto my head. I pulled one of them from my shoulder and sniffed it. It was as I had suspected. Freshly-cooked bacon.

Cursing and muttering to myself as I scooped up as much bacon as I could from the forest floor, I made a mental note never to let Griff pack my supplies again. Switching my sunrod for a Beacon of Bacon was exactly the sort of stupid prank Griff would pull. As I thoughtfully chewed a piece of bacon, wondering what I would do next...
Donald effin' Duck
Donald effin' Duck
conqueror of the flesh

Number of posts : 116
Humor : Phlegmatic.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heavy Matthi on Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:56 am

Soon I finished my little meal. >>This time<<, I said to myself, >>I do need some help to get out of this wretched situation!<<

Just when I wanted to pull out my mobile phone in order to call a taxi, I realised that I did not exactly know in which era I was and if I was actually allowed to have a mobile phone?! I decided to chew on that for little while until I did my next move, when suddenly something really unexpected happened...
Heavy Matthi
Heavy Matthi
Der schmächtige Sauerkrautvertilger

Number of posts : 72
Job/hobbies : Music , Books , Languages
Registration date : 2008-05-31

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/turboschaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash on Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:07 pm

... all of the bacon pieces lying about the forest floor turned suddenly to dandelions. They let off such an intense and sweet fragrance that my spirit felt lifted.

I stood back up and stretched out my aching limbs. I felt so dirty.. so unsavory.. I remembered that I had seen what I believed was an Inn, deeper within these woods.. and i thought about having a nice bath to wash away the filth and in which to find respite from all of the cares that were burning in my mind.

It was early in the day still. The sky above the forest canopy was a light grey... there was a slight mist wafting through the air. I breathed it in deeply. It gave me strength. Aiming in the direction I believed I was traveling last night I ventured forth through the heavy underbrush and over ancient knotted roots in hoped that i would stumble still upon that Inn.

"it must be there. It must be there!".. I thought sternly. " Rest." I muttered to myself. "I must find a place to rest and recover, I will have faith that there lies before me now an Inn and I will reach it soon. i must have faith. There is nothing left for me to do".

A raven fluttered over head and perched on a branch directly above me. it let out a deep croak. i soon reached the end of the dandelions that had been bacon and proceeded onwards into the thick woods.. trying to fight off despair.. and hoping to find the Inn that I swear i had seen the night before...

http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Ash
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?

View user profile http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heavy Matthi on Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:19 am

...but I didnt find it...
Heavy Matthi
Heavy Matthi
Der schmächtige Sauerkrautvertilger

Number of posts : 72
Job/hobbies : Music , Books , Languages
Registration date : 2008-05-31

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/turboschaf

Back to top Go down

Post by sandycarpin@hotmail.com on Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:24 am

I found instead the smoldering remains of the place I remembered so vaguely. Sinking to my knees, i began to sob, tears of frustration falling on the still warm ashes.

Or was it just the smoke?

hearing a rustling behind me, I rose to my feet and slowly turned to face whatever was there. With the luck I seem to be having it will probably be the Bacon Fiend of Death.
sandycarpin@hotmail.com
sandycarpin@hotmail.com
Reverend Mother

Number of posts : 16
Job/hobbies : new job home, health aide . guild wars is my current hobby
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-05-27

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/thesistersandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content