Dread and Fear

Go down

Dread and Fear

Post by Ash on Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:44 pm

How have you dealt with and/or combated Fear and Anxiety in your life?

_________________




http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Ash
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Age : 40
Location : san diego, Ca, USA
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by BloodDrift on Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:37 pm

Lots of prayer
and just facing it all.

I used to be afraid of heights,
but when I went to Israel we went to Masada (ruins of Herods castle on the top of a mountain)
And we had to go there with this skilift kind of thing.
So they prayed for me
And I just faced it all,
and after that I was like ''if I can handle this, I can do it all''
and I haven't been afraid of heights eversince,

although that doesn't mean I'm now just dancing on edges of cliffs etc :p
BloodDrift
BloodDrift
high priest

Number of posts : 250
Age : 29
Location : Wastelands of Belgium
Humor : Dark, Sarcastic, ...
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile http://www.jesusmetal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by PeacethroughX on Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:15 am

Not too much. I did as a child becasue Daddy was an abusive drunk, but since I became an adult with control over my own life and destiny, I choose to live it anxiety and fear free.

I think I remember struggling a little in my 20s, but feeling very in control by age 30.
PeacethroughX
PeacethroughX
merry olde mamma

Number of posts : 49
Age : 63
Location : Charlotte, NC
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by Ash on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:08 pm

PeacethroughX wrote:Not too much. I did as a child becasue Daddy was an abusive drunk, but since I became an adult with control over my own life and destiny, I choose to live it anxiety and fear free.

I think I remember struggling a little in my 20s, but feeling very in control by age 30.


That's good. I will be 30 shortly and I hope I can start stressing less by then too... I've been dealing with it better though lately, which is good.

_________________




http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Ash
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Age : 40
Location : san diego, Ca, USA
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by Terex on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:46 pm

Stress never happened till I was in my thirties (35 now can't seem to figure out how to change my profile lol). A wife, 3 kids and mortgages take their toll.

What I need to do, but don't as well as I should is give it to God. I have a control problem tho so that is always a struggle for me.
Terex
Terex
wanderer

Number of posts : 18
Age : 46
Location : Unfortunately, southern california
Registration date : 2008-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by sandycarpin@hotmail.com on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:08 am

Fear has really never been a problem. Anxiety, now thats another story. Right now I am handling it with help from God, my husband, and my online friends. In that order.


Oh and a dose of Effexor every night. drunken
sandycarpin@hotmail.com
sandycarpin@hotmail.com
Reverend Mother

Number of posts : 16
Age : 67
Location : western pa
Job/hobbies : new job home, health aide . guild wars is my current hobby
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-05-27

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/thesistersandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by Tall Tyrion on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:33 pm

In the past, I have dealt with these emotions through prayer and the Scripture, particularly Phil.4:4-6.

Nowadays, I use a lot of alcohol. Not recommended by any means, but effective in it's own way.

Tall Tyrion
wanderer

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by Ash on Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:25 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:In the past, I have dealt with these emotions through prayer and the Scripture, particularly Phil.4:4-6.

Nowadays, I use a lot of alcohol. Not recommended by any means, but effective in it's own way.

I believe there is actually scriptural backing for that too.. Serious. Some of the scriptures of Solomon.

_________________




http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Ash
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Age : 40
Location : san diego, Ca, USA
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by Tall Tyrion on Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:39 am

The first one that came to my mind was from King Lemuel's mother:


4 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, It is not for kings to drink wine, Or for rulers to desire strong drink,
5 For they will drink and forget what is decreed, And pervert the rights of all the afflicted.
6 Give strong drink to him who is perishing, And wine to him whose life is bitter.
7 Let him drink and forget his poverty And remember his trouble no more.
Prov.31:4-7

It applies, but I still think wisdom is needed.

Tall Tyrion
wanderer

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by sandycarpin@hotmail.com on Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:53 pm

Reading my response made me very sad. How could I have gone downhill so far since just a month ago. My depression seems to be worsening, I am angry at everyone all the time, Most of the stress and anxiety comes from situations in my life, not internal problems, perhaps why the effexor isnt working.

My family has been through many serious problems, my daughters seizure disorders and accompanying brain damage, my oldest daugter had a child born and died while she was in japan, and never told us till a couple of years later. my son married his true love, to find out she was severely bi polar, not very faithful, and she died in a car wreck a year ago, leaving him with unresolved issues.

These are just a few of the stressors I've had in my life, and they didnt get me down. maybe its cause I was younger? or healthier? I dont know, but having a great deal of trouble dealing with little issues now, mostly finance. I want so badly to leave my job, where i was discrimated agains because of an illness i suffer from, but I need the health insurance. This is making me so despondant it is difficult to get up in the morning and face another day.

my friends online are still giving me strength, my family seems to be failing me, with a great lack of understanding, and I dont really know where God is right now.




Sorry to unload, i know you all dont know me that well, but it just wanted to come out.


Last edited by SisterSandy on Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
sandycarpin@hotmail.com
sandycarpin@hotmail.com
Reverend Mother

Number of posts : 16
Age : 67
Location : western pa
Job/hobbies : new job home, health aide . guild wars is my current hobby
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-05-27

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/thesistersandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by Ash on Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:56 pm

SisterSandy wrote:Reading my response made me very sad. How could I have gone downhill so far since just a month ago. My depression seems to be worsening, I am angry at everyone all the time, Most of the stress and anxiety comes from situations in my life, not internal problems, perhaps why the effexor isnt working.

My family has been through many serious problems, my daughters seizure disorders and accompanying brain damage, my oldest daugter had a child born and died while she was in japan, and never told us till a couple of years later. my son married his true love, to find out she was severely bi polar, not very faithful, and she died in a car wreck a year ago, leaving him with unresolved issues.

These are just a few of the stressors I've had in my life, and they didnt get me down. maybe its cause I was younger? or healthier? I dont know, but having a great deal of trouble dealing with little issues now, mostly finance. I want so badly to leave my job, where i was discrimated agains because of an illness i suffer from, but I need the health insurance. This is making me so despondant it is difficult to get up in the morning and face another day.

my friends online are still giving me strength, my family seems to be failing me, with a great lack of understanding, and I dont really know where God is right now.




Sorry to unload, i know you all dont know me that well, but it just wanted to come ouy.


That sucks sandy. I'm actually in the same boat too, to a certain extent. The only way i can stay sane is by taking everything on day at a time.. and one breath at a time. I've found if i think too much in teh future.. depression often follows.. due to worries.

_________________




http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Ash
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Age : 40
Location : san diego, Ca, USA
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by Tall Tyrion on Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:50 am

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Sandy. I don't have any easy answers for you, but I will pray.

Tall Tyrion
wanderer

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by sandycarpin@hotmail.com on Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:33 pm

Thanks to you both, and thanks for having a place I could vent without hurting my husbands feelings. he does try to understand, but he just doesn't. and he has a habit of saying exactly the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Today was a better day, and I do try to take it one day at a time. The day I was so upset, I had just talked to one of the sisters, who has been ill for a while, I told her I hoped she would find something to help her feel better, she looked me in the eye and said "I dont want to feel better, I want it to kill me" Now this woman is up and around, not bedridden or anything, and although she must have some pain, she doesnt seem all that effected by her illness. She just is tired of her life.

I think this kind of shook me up. and made me very emotionall, started crying driving home, and couldnt get over it.

Working with one of the teens today, and going in the walk in freezer to straighten the mess people have gotten it into made me feel better. Teens alway bring me cheer it seems.
sandycarpin@hotmail.com
sandycarpin@hotmail.com
Reverend Mother

Number of posts : 16
Age : 67
Location : western pa
Job/hobbies : new job home, health aide . guild wars is my current hobby
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-05-27

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/thesistersandy

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by exhead on Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:20 am

I'm afraid of heights and of some people/churches.
exhead
exhead
wanderer

Number of posts : 13
Age : 46
Location : The Netherlands
Registration date : 2008-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by Ash on Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:20 am

exhead wrote:I'm afraid of some people/churches.
affraid

Me too.

_________________




http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Ash
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Age : 40
Location : san diego, Ca, USA
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by Luna on Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:06 am

I've been struggling with anxiety and depresssion for the past couple of years. I used to be a committed member of a church, and I loved God with all my heart. But, the church began to change and I started to fall away from God, and then a friend of mine passed away and I plummeted straight into severe depression, without knowing how to cope as I felt God was no longer with me.

Now, I am a lot happier than those days, but I still have a lot of issues. When something brings me down, it brings me right down and I am reminded of how lost I still am. I have been wondering for a long time now, trying to find my solitude. I feel as though I have been away from home for so long that I can't find my way back.

I do know that God is the only way to resolve my issues, but it's like he isn't there anymore. I just wish I knew the way back into His arms.

sada
Luna
Luna
seeker

Number of posts : 28
Age : 29
Location : Leeds, UK
Job/hobbies : Art, Music, Literature, Modelling, Swimming, Horseriding
Registration date : 2008-08-14

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/herdarksobriety

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by Ash on Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:33 pm

Luna wrote:I've been struggling with anxiety and depresssion for the past couple of years. I used to be a committed member of a church, and I loved God with all my heart. But, the church began to change and I started to fall away from God, and then a friend of mine passed away and I plummeted straight into severe depression, without knowing how to cope as I felt God was no longer with me.

Now, I am a lot happier than those days, but I still have a lot of issues. When something brings me down, it brings me right down and I am reminded of how lost I still am. I have been wondering for a long time now, trying to find my solitude. I feel as though I have been away from home for so long that I can't find my way back.

I do know that God is the only way to resolve my issues, but it's like he isn't there anymore. I just wish I knew the way back into His arms.

sada


I know you mean.. i have been lost.. and still am some times..lost of any purpose or direction in this life.

But such is this existance.. quite a dark journey most of the time.

_________________




http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Ash
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Age : 40
Location : san diego, Ca, USA
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by Blixi on Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:47 pm

Sometimes it' s best to stop thinking too much and just keep moving.

Something you learn in the military.
Blixi
Blixi
!The Nameless One!

Number of posts : 167
Age : 36
Location : Haifa City, Israel
Job/hobbies : Military
Humor : A man walk into a bar...
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by Apocalypse Cow on Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:05 pm

Kamerad Ash wrote:

That sucks sandy. I'm actually in the same boat too, to a certain extent. The only way i can stay sane is by taking everything on day at a time.. and one breath at a time. I've found if i think too much in teh future.. depression often follows.. due to worries.

Hello all new to the board and just reading and hoping to maybe help

As to the above quote I find that "the worries and Frets" can be placed under the category of "Vain Imaginations"
for the most part a great majority of what we think doesnt happen and yet we expend energy on them.

I would like to hopefully extend some simple wisdom to those that suffer from depression issues. Mind you I know it is a long road (from personal experience) but...

The way out is Thankfulness I know this is just a word but think on it

Once you truly can say God loves me and believe that he does this is a huge step

now God loves you because... why do those of you who have kids, love your kids?
Because they are your kids! Not because they have done anything special or are the most beautiful kids in the world ...although my grankids are Embarassed BUT simply because they are YOUR KIDS!
You have not done anything to deserve God's love, He loves you because you are his kids and rest assured you are His

one more thing I'd like to share

The Devil has NO! power
He has a tool it is called the LIE
The power that he has is that we believe his lies and thus give him power over us
A lot of christians are more afraid/worried about what the devil can do than they do TRUST in the keeping hand of GOD
and it is no wonder because a great majority of christian churches use fear/condemnation tactics in the teaching there prospective flocks IE If you dont do ________ then how can you call yourself a christian?
How bout we give God a lil time to teach us before we expect to go out and teach the world.

May God Bless and Keep you in His peace

p.s. please forgive this and all future posts for grammar, I can spell I am horrible at punctuation
Apocalypse Cow
Apocalypse Cow
wanderer

Number of posts : 18
Age : 53
Location : Ooh Ess Ayy
Job/hobbies : My Family, Music, Reading mostly the net these days, Computers, Video Games
Humor : Always, Mostly self depricating
Registration date : 2008-09-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by Ash on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:50 pm

Wecome mr. Cow. alien

And yea, great point with the fact the most fears are nothing but imaginations that will never occur or even if they do.. will not be as we imagined them.

And I believe CHrist said it well.. " Fear is torment". - paraphrasing.

_________________




http://www.myspace.com/opusmajestic
Ash
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Age : 40
Location : san diego, Ca, USA
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by Apocalypse Cow on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:20 pm

Yup Fear paralyses which can be seen from one of the posts about conquering a fear of heights, if he/she hadnt decided to "conquer" that fear they would be immobilized. and yet I believe that some fears are healthy, explanation, a healthy respect for heights. such as pain some pain is good it tells us not to continue to keep our finger on that hot pizza pan lol
Apocalypse Cow
Apocalypse Cow
wanderer

Number of posts : 18
Age : 53
Location : Ooh Ess Ayy
Job/hobbies : My Family, Music, Reading mostly the net these days, Computers, Video Games
Humor : Always, Mostly self depricating
Registration date : 2008-09-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by Blixi on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:35 pm

OF course, and the "fear of God is the beginning of wisdom", as I believe king Solomon wrote.

Fear there being more than just "respect", imo, as the popular view seems to be today.
Blixi
Blixi
!The Nameless One!

Number of posts : 167
Age : 36
Location : Haifa City, Israel
Job/hobbies : Military
Humor : A man walk into a bar...
Registration date : 2008-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by Apocalypse Cow on Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:18 am

Blixi wrote:OF course, and the "fear of God is the beginning of wisdom", as I believe king Solomon wrote.

Fear there being more than just "respect", imo, as the popular view seems to be today.

I agree with it being more than just respect also...
one way i think of it is that His mercy keeps me from getting what I deserve and that is death and I would fear death without the prospect of eternal life.
so i fear what could happen, if it wasnt for His mercy

dont know if this applies I guess just the way I think
Apocalypse Cow
Apocalypse Cow
wanderer

Number of posts : 18
Age : 53
Location : Ooh Ess Ayy
Job/hobbies : My Family, Music, Reading mostly the net these days, Computers, Video Games
Humor : Always, Mostly self depricating
Registration date : 2008-09-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dread and Fear

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum