Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I like some things which are slightly gay

2 posters

Go down

I like some things which are slightly gay Empty I like some things which are slightly gay

Post by Orion Crystal Ice Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:34 am

I'd like to explode Canada for making Bryan Adams, but for some reason, I won't turn that DJ Sammy (worst DJ name ever) cover of 'Heaven' off. Man, that synth melody is awesome. I sort of miss how it was in the early-mid 90's when there was suddenly all this dance and house-influenced stuff from Europe with female vocals on the radio, and nobody knew quite why. Like Ace of Base. tongue But the music was slightly dark somehow, and the vocals, while sugary, weren't the quivering R&B garbage that should burn. Plus, AOB covered 'Cruel Summer', that rules. For some reason NOBODY PARTICIPATED IN MY LABYRINTH THREAD even though that's one of the best metal bands to ever form. But Rob Tyrant (the vocalist), has a little side thing as a Eurobeat artist, and he's actually put together a slamming track or two. One song, 'Over the Rainbow', has the absolute fattest synth I've ever heard in any song, it's just obnoxious how huge and loud it is, even by Eurobeat standards. His name is 'Powerful T'. Look it up on teh slsk or something. Yes, piracy. Why would you want to go buy Eurobeat 535235245 or whatever just for one song. Oh, and his vocals rule, but you would know that if you listened to Labyrinth.

Does anybody know this one song I heard lately where it's like.... it's cut in the same mold as something like 'A Beautiful Life' (Ace of Base in case you live under a rock), with a female vocalist and all, but the lyrics are something about how she knew you (her man) would fly away or whatever. I don't remember it but I want to hear it again because that was really catchy and not quite gay. But I admit many things like this stand right on that precipice of gayness. You know what else was cool about that stuff? The videos were always trippy and full of random new agey junk for no apparent reason. Like that 'Heaven' cover.. look at this:

Seriously, what's going on in the first minute with the weird asteroid temple place in space, with the figure and the flowing cloak and stuff? It's awesome, but why? Has anyone ever seen 'The Cell'? Amazing movie. Except that has a great plot. And why with the random Asian twins? You can make anything weird by dressing up Asian twins in odd garb.
Orion Crystal Ice
Orion Crystal Ice
Son of the Sea

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

I like some things which are slightly gay Empty Re: I like some things which are slightly gay

Post by Ash Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:59 am

how about some oceanlab

and I have a serious Zhanna Friske addiction--

and haha.. this one of Zhanna actually looks pretty cool..

Ash
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?

http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

I like some things which are slightly gay Empty Re: I like some things which are slightly gay

Post by Orion Crystal Ice Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:46 am

The Oceanlab single came out in 2001 and they're only just now coming out with their debut? What the heck? Well maybe it'll have a little more lyrics per song.... this song is nice but a little too fly-on-the-wall-trance.

They recorded it in Ibiza? Michael Cretu does all his stuff in Ibiza. I'm a huge Enigma fan. But my favorite is 'Voyageur' which most people hate. Probably because it's original and doesn't rely on samples from other artists to make every single backbeat (as good as the older stuff is, it's true).
Orion Crystal Ice
Orion Crystal Ice
Son of the Sea

Number of posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:35 pm

Luminary is still one of my fav trance type bands..

Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:55 pm

This falls under the slightly gay...or mostly gay category.. but this song is stuck in my head.. sadly.

E-Type- Life

Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down