Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Levitical Law

+6
FireStormWarning
Mrs. Wigrid
jonas von barsk
BloodDrift
Ash
PeacethroughX
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Levitical Law - Page 2 Empty Re: Levitical Law

Post by PeacethroughX Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:16 am

BloodDrift wrote:
As far as the origin of the peace symbol, sorry, but that's incorrect. You are thinking of the inverted, or upside down, cross that was used to kill St. Peter, who chose this method because he felt unworthy to die as Christ had died. It has since been appropriated by Satanism to represent anything anti-Christian, but it has also been used in it's historical place as the cross of St. Peter in the Catholic church. However, there was never any circle around it nor did they ever break the arms.
I was not talking about this one,
I know the St Peters Cross and it's origin,
The peace symbol is another one,
now I don't know if your explanation is right (which could be ofcourse)
but yeah, the symbol you have isn't it also called 'the dragon's paw'? At least it is in our regions in Belgium

lol! Oh, I get what you're referring to! Dragon's Paw, Chicken's claw, Witches Claw - yes, historically, that refers to ANY three-toed bird-like creature that was used in pagan circles for any number of reasons! Similar design, but no, not the same as the peace symbol.

Try this: http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2008/02/21/7209/

And like I said: do a google search on say, "history of the peace symbol"

And yes, in your part of the world, there is quite a bit of pagan lore! bbb
PeacethroughX
PeacethroughX
merry olde mamma

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodDrift Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:18 pm

ah thanks !
I know a fair bit of symbols, but not everything and do mix up some things still,
glad to know that.
BloodDrift
BloodDrift
high priest

Number of posts : 250
Humor : Dark, Sarcastic, ...

http://www.jesusmetal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:55 pm

Bummer, I was hoping it would be all occultic too. hame
Ash
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?

http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PeacethroughX Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:25 am

Kamerad Ash wrote:Bummer, I was hoping it would be all occultic too. hame

Nope... peace and love, baby! And God is the author of the BEST peace and the GREATEST love! Levitical Law - Page 2 1
PeacethroughX
PeacethroughX
merry olde mamma

Back to top Go down

Post by FireStormWarning Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:00 pm

Ash, as far as your remark abot long hair on men, take a look at what was happening in Corinth at the time. It's an interesting bit of trivia. Basically what we had happening was Christians living in what at that time amounted to hell on earth, and not knowing how to live seperate lives from those around them. In fact, they thought that since Christ had saved them, they could go on living as they always had.

The men of that town who wore long hair were actually prostitutes in a temple there (I forget which goddess was worshiped), and Paul was telling the men of that city to live seperately, to make it known that they were different.

The same goes for his instructions regarding women's hairstyles.

Interestingly, also, is that in that day and city, temple prostitution was perhaps the most honored career.

Just a bit of historical insight. :)

FireStormWarning
Lone Wolf

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-06-02

http://theblackmountainsaga.nice-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:05 pm

Hmm, interesting.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by FireStormWarning Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:14 am

Indeed. I recently went through what we called an "Equippers" course at my church, and our particular class focused on, "Manners and Customs of the Bible..." That gave a lot of historical insight to help understand the Scriptures that people at that time would have had that we now do not.

FireStormWarning
Lone Wolf

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-06-02

http://theblackmountainsaga.nice-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeacethroughX Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:56 am

Me: But do you wear clothes made of mixed cloths? If so, naughty, naughty...

Kamerad Ash: I didn't even know there was a law against mixed clothes?

There really is?

wow. elf

I was rereading this thread and need to clarify - I wrote "CLOTHS" and you wrote "CLOTHES". The scripture is literal about mixed CLOTHS, as in fabric made from different interwoven threads, similar to today's cotton/polyester blend, cotton/silk/rayon blends, etc.

Leviticus 19:19 " Keep my decrees.
Do not mate different kinds of animals.
Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.
Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material."

I just did a search on various translations - all, but the KJV and NKJV say two kinds of material, or mixed cloths. The KJV and the NKJV specify mixing wool and linen together. Go figure. scratch
PeacethroughX
PeacethroughX
merry olde mamma

Back to top Go down

Post by Grailknight Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:44 am

jonas von barsk wrote:I think its important to seek in the history about what "cuts in your body for the dead" really was about. Maybe it was some heathen rite in that, i dont really know.

We can say "it raining cats and dogs" today. (i hope everyone know what thats mean, when it rains alot).
But if someone read that in the future, they maybe think we mean that it raining real cats and dogs from the sky.
Do you understand what i mean?

Dont forget the historic part. it can gives the answer in many biblequestions.

In the Swedish Bible it says:

Ni skall inte rista märken på er kropp för någon död och inte heller bränna in skrivtecken på er. Jag är HERREN.

Meaning, dont cut your se lf for some dead people and don´t burn writing markings on your se lf.

In my view it´s all about culting and religious practises. Not estetical adornment on your skin.
If tattooing is wrong, how can God use Todd Bentley to resurrect dead people and heal thousands of people? He has tattoos all over his arms and some on the neck too. And he made them after he got saved. If the Holy Spirit doesnt have a problem with it, why should the church?
Grailknight
Grailknight
wanderer

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:09 am

Grailknight wrote:
jonas von barsk wrote:I think its important to seek in the history about what "cuts in your body for the dead" really was about. Maybe it was some heathen rite in that, i dont really know.

We can say "it raining cats and dogs" today. (i hope everyone know what thats mean, when it rains alot).
But if someone read that in the future, they maybe think we mean that it raining real cats and dogs from the sky.
Do you understand what i mean?

Dont forget the historic part. it can gives the answer in many biblequestions.

In the Swedish Bible it says:

Ni skall inte rista märken på er kropp för någon död och inte heller bränna in skrivtecken på er. Jag är HERREN.

Meaning, dont cut your se lf for some dead people and don´t burn writing markings on your se lf.

In my view it´s all about culting and religious practises. Not estetical adornment on your skin.
If tattooing is wrong, how can God use Todd Bentley to resurrect dead people and heal thousands of people? He has tattoos all over his arms and some on the neck too. And he made them after he got saved. If the Holy Spirit doesnt have a problem with it, why should the church?

Good point, I agree 100 percent.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Apocalypse Cow Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:21 pm

[quote="Mrs. Wigrid"]"Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul and mind. Love your neighbor as yourself." Now, I don't think that this removed all value from the Law. God never gave the Jews rules for no reason. quote]

I would agree. The levitical Laws where not given with no substance they have good behind them. God is Love and I believe that a lot of His Laws where teaching us about us..if you will Laughing

such as handwashing, when handwashing was instituted in hospitals (by way of a bible believing doctor) infant mortality rates went down dramatically.

as to pigs, and crustations/shellfish they are not good for us modern science has proven. They are beings that eat in the same place where they defficate? I still like them once in a while but I know they arent good for me. (bacon bacon beef bacon beef lol)

So ....to the OP will you die because you got a tattoo no. was it really profitable? well if you truly ask yourself , it probably wasnt profitable actually it probably cost you a couple a deneros lol

but you also have freedom, choice, was it an inherently bad choice. well it truly depends on how you look at it. I dont think it has anything at all to do with your salvation. but the bible talks about becoming all things to all men/women...not making you brother stumble. which i believe is where your heart is at with the woman you are talking about.

Now just so you understand my heart towards you I am not condemning you at all. there is therefore now NO!! condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Live in the Liberty that He has provided and yet work out your salvation with fear and trembling.

I believe that God is very balanced unlike a lot of His children. We tend to lean to one side or another. Towards judgment very heavily or towards mercy very heavily. so either a very "calvanistic" attitude or a "greasy Grace" attitude
But God deals with a measurement of both if you read in the chronicles and kings God is constantly saying IF you "repent" THEN I will turn my heart towards you.

That repentance God is calling for is a judgment of our own hearts. We cannot be granted repentance until we "judge" within ourselves that there is something to be repented for, and when we actually repent then God extends mercy.

See God is balanced But his mercy never comes first it is always judgment then mercy. The judgment of God is His love towards us. When you cry to the Lord for Him to shine the light on the dark places in your heart/life you are crying for His judgment (1 addendum, We must be ready for the wickedness we may see within ourselves when he does shine that light)

1Co 11:31-32 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

May God bless you and keep you in His peace
Apocalypse Cow
Apocalypse Cow
wanderer

Number of posts : 18
Job/hobbies : My Family, Music, Reading mostly the net these days, Computers, Video Games
Humor : Always, Mostly self depricating
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Debbie Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:19 pm

Well....I don´t think getting a tatto is a sin. I mean, if you look at the verse, what does it say?? it says "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord.”, that sounds pretty clear to me, but perhaps you should look at the previous command: “Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard” (Lev 19:27).

Now, wouldn't that mean anyone who gets a haircut, or shaves/cuts his beard is guilty of sin??. My opinion is that some things on Leviticus were written for a specific reason, in a specific time, and unless your tattoo has a sinful or blasphemus message/image you are not guilty of sin.

PS: Look at what I found:
The issue of tattoos and body piercing falls under the category of disputable matters mentioned in Romans chapter 14: Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way” (v 13)
Debbie
Debbie
wanderer

Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : Future forensic scientist
Registration date : 2009-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbeast159 Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:41 am

Okay, im a new user so hi! my name is Kage, and its nice to meet you all, especially Ash who seems to have some very interesting views. now, as to the questions of "cuts in your body for the dead", this can be answered by history. it was a pagan ritual of necromancy, which we just know as black magic, where individuals would give their blood to the dead in order to bring them back to life. these cuts would be placed on the wrist, face, or chest. the more fanatical rituals of necromancy would actually sacrifice one another by draining the blood from a fellow worshipper and placing that blood into the preserved body of the person they where trying to raise. obviously raising the dead is a big no-no in Heaven, so i could see a law against it. now, about the tattoos, i haven't the slightest clue, but i sincerely hope not, seeing as the date is already set for my friends and i to don the ink before we go off to basic Wink

mrbeast159
wanderer

Number of posts : 1
Job/hobbies : reading anything and everything, and a little combative
Humor : rather dark and sarcastic
Registration date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2