Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things that don't make sense...???

+6
sandycarpin@hotmail.com
Donald effin' Duck
Oddly
ecthelion of the fountain
Ash
Blixi
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Things that don't make sense...??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things that don't make sense...???

Post by sandycarpin@hotmail.com Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:00 pm

I was googling snails and tobacco together and found out that people use tobacco leaves to keep snails under control in their garden. I don't know, maybe it attracts them and then kills them?

Dont really care enough about either one to look further. as for pipe smoke, I think it is the way it burns slowly, not like a cigarette in paper, which is exposed to more air. less smoke produced.

And when have you ever been in a room full of smoke from a bunch of pipe smokers?
sandycarpin@hotmail.com
sandycarpin@hotmail.com
Reverend Mother

Number of posts : 16
Job/hobbies : new job home, health aide . guild wars is my current hobby
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-05-27

http://www.myspace.com/thesistersandy

Back to top Go down

Things that don't make sense...??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things that don't make sense...???

Post by Ash Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:27 pm

yea.. I have never had a problem from pipe smoke... plus it's not usualy 'inhaled" by the smoker.. but rather puffed.
Ash
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?
Registration date : 2008-05-26

http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:40 pm

traditional pipe/cigar smoke does not need to be sucked down deep like a cigarette. it can just like snus (which i don't do because it erodes your mouth in several ways+you look like a regular swedish hillbilly Razz ) access your system while still in your mouth. this way your lungs get alot less smoke and takes alot less damage

you simply have it in your mouth for a short while to let it have its effect, then you blow it out to feel the taste
--The Swedish Elf--

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:53 pm

"regular swedish hillbilly".. I'd like to see that. Surprised
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:47 pm

in scandinavia no intelligent person no longer wants to practice farming... if a smart kid is born at a ranch or farm he will most likely move for a urban area. because of that we have gotten some sort of hillbilly culture. cars + crappy beer + crappy music + Moonshine + crappy tobacco under the lip... and they are all stupid
--The Swedish Elf--

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:50 pm

My friend Nils lives in Malmo, next to a lot of cows.. haha.. But yea, he's a psychologist now and works over in a city ..I can't remember which one.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:58 pm

Nils... lol my 3rd name is nils Razz
the smartest guy in my previous class lived on the country, but only for the peace... his parents had academic educations and i know he hates living next to the farmers, he says he haven't seen a single one thats intelligent so far, that they are all rednecks Razz
--The Swedish Elf--

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:05 pm

Meh, intelligence isn't everything. Wisdom is better, I would say, anyways.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:41 pm

you can be very wise, but if you have been misinformed or failed to read the world. you will miscalculate the situation and give a wise solution for the problem you see, but it will not be the real problem...
--The Swedish Elf--

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:09 pm

Rednecks are the best, ain't they? I grew up around them in Texas, which is why I got out of there and moved San Diego.

As for more things that don't make sense...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:10 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:10 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald effin' Duck Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:13 am

ecthelion of the fountain wrote:in scandinavia no intelligent person no longer wants to practice farming...

Too bad. That's often the case here as well, which has led to more poisonous, mummified imported food, and more huge disgusting factory farms. Sheesh, I wish more smart people, heck, more people in general, would get into farming.
Donald effin' Duck
Donald effin' Duck
conqueror of the flesh

Number of posts : 116
Humor : Phlegmatic.

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:32 am

well the higher the odds are of you getting a high paying job, the lower they are of you wanting to spend your life on a farm
--The Swedish Elf--

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:26 am

Alot of the "highly" educated really aren't that highly educated. haha.

And of course, now-a-days especially, there are some very wealthy farmers.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald effin' Duck Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:31 am

Ash wrote:And of course, now-a-days especially, there are some very wealthy farmers.

My uncle does extremely well for himself. During the spring and summer, he grows and sells all different kinds of vegetables. During the fall and winter, he sells pumpkins, gourds, and Christmas trees. His produce business is the largest and most well-established one in the area. Lately he's been buying up land that historically belonged to my ancestors (they got a HUGE land grant from the king back in the 1600s, but the Yankees redistributed most of it after the Civil War) and using it to grow more crops and expand his business.

Sure, he isn't educated or refined (you should hear some of the jokes he cracks o.0), but he also isn't stupid or by any means poor.
Donald effin' Duck
Donald effin' Duck
conqueror of the flesh

Number of posts : 116
Humor : Phlegmatic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:38 pm

Donald effin' Duck wrote:
Ash wrote:And of course, now-a-days especially, there are some very wealthy farmers.

My uncle does extremely well for himself. During the spring and summer, he grows and sells all different kinds of vegetables. During the fall and winter, he sells pumpkins, gourds, and Christmas trees. His produce business is the largest and most well-established one in the area. Lately he's been buying up land that historically belonged to my ancestors (they got a HUGE land grant from the king back in the 1600s, but the Yankees redistributed most of it after the Civil War) and using it to grow more crops and expand his business.

Sure, he isn't educated or refined (you should hear some of the jokes he cracks o.0), but he also isn't stupid or by any means poor.

not to mention being selfemployed is the best way to live.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:05 pm

hey i don't mind owning a farm, but you wont see me plowing Wink
--The Swedish Elf--

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:41 pm

Trust me, I knew enough rednecks that had no clue about farming to know, that redneck does not = farmer and the other way around. Farmers have to have a certain amount of intelligence in regards to their own field to successfully run a farm. I mean there is a lot of detail and science behind yielding good crops.

I agree 100% that working for yourself is the best way to go. At least that way, your hard work is rewarded to you rather than some rich ceo, who cares only about the bottom line.

I personally enjoy hands on work and working outside, so I would not mind doing the actually farming. Of course this is mostly done by machines anyways. I think that would be much more relaxing and peaceful than putting on a suit and tie and sitting behind a computer all day / doing paperwork. This is the same reason I always hated school, I cannot sit still that long without going crazy. bounce

Which sucks because I love learning but I have realized that I do it better on my own or when it is more hands on, not just from a lecture or text book.

This is probably why I was able to continue to study and enjoy architecture classes. It is very hands on. Drawing, building models, studying the site, thinking for hours on end waiting for a creative idea or spacial solution to pop into my head. There is of course, some computer drafting involved but it is only a portion of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:51 pm

architecture is nice... i always need to do something with my hands so i draw during lectures when i don't have to make notes. lately i have been drawing dream houses. it's really fun
--The Swedish Elf--

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Me too...any of my notes taken during my classes were always covered with doodles and sketches. Sometimes so much so that I could not read the notes anymore! jocolor

I keep having a dream about the same house. It does not exist in the real world, just in this dream I have. I guess I should build it or something. It is like a sign of some sort???
counting

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:41 pm

yeah i know what you mean, sometimes i am really into a sketch and then as it reaches the text you have to evaluate what is the most important, you being able to read the notes, or the sketch... Razz

when i was a kid i used to dream about the same haunted house over and over again...
most scientists seem to believe that dreaming is a result of the brain cleaning out short time memories. i guess if you keep thinking about a dream it will come again because the memory still need to be erased. doesn't necessarily mean anything....

and wouldn't it be creepy as hell to live in a house you first saw in a dream?
--The Swedish Elf--

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:04 am

Well, this house is so futuristic that I know it does not exist now. But it is possible to build, it is not an extreme idea in terms of engineering.

In this dream, my current family and the in-laws live in it, but that is the only normalcy attached to it.

As far as dreaming of a house and then living in it, Ash and I recently watched an old black and white movie that had a character who had dreams about a house and then lived in it...I don't remember the name though. Question

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:30 am

ear-sighted wrote:I personally enjoy hands on work and working outside, so I would not mind doing the actually farming. Of course this is mostly done by machines anyways. I think that would be much more relaxing and peaceful than putting on a suit and tie and sitting behind a computer all day / doing paperwork. This is the same reason I always hated school, I cannot sit still that long without going crazy. bounce

Which sucks because I love learning but I have realized that I do it better on my own or when it is more hands on, not just from a lecture or text book.

Yes, except for the working outside part. I don't care much for the glowing orb in the sky, but I am a very hands on person.

Though for a long time, I really wanted to be some sort of historian or researcher or philosopher, but then being buried under mountains of knowledge is much different than an office atmosphere. In school, I avoided the cabin fever during lecture classes by drawing very elaborately detailed sketches, usually on notes and homework that had not been turned in yet.
Oddly
Oddly
thrall

Number of posts : 291
Job/hobbies : Pre-Raphaelite Punk
Humor : Roboticon features built in humor simulator and funny bone sensory unit.
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://oddly.nu

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:33 am

ear-sighted wrote:Me too...any of my notes taken during my classes were always covered with doodles and sketches. Sometimes so much so that I could not read the notes anymore! jocolor

But did you ever doodle all over an exam, during the exam? cheers
Oddly
Oddly
thrall

Number of posts : 291
Job/hobbies : Pre-Raphaelite Punk
Humor : Roboticon features built in humor simulator and funny bone sensory unit.
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://oddly.nu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next