Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things that don't make sense...???

+6
sandycarpin@hotmail.com
Donald effin' Duck
Oddly
ecthelion of the fountain
Ash
Blixi
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Things that don't make sense...??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Things that don't make sense...???

Post by Ash Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:23 am

So it looks like there is consensus that everyone doodles and draws during lectures.

I used to as well.
Ash
Ash
Drachenschlächter des Verderbens

Number of posts : 1126
Job/hobbies : Reigning the 7 worlds with an iron fist
Humor : Where is my jester?
Registration date : 2008-05-26

http://chamberofsolace.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Things that don't make sense...??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Things that don't make sense...???

Post by Blixi Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:47 pm

Ash wrote:So it looks like there is consensus that everyone doodles and draws during lectures.

I used to as well.

I didn't draw much when bored in class, I would sneak on some music on my tiny earphones. dj
Blixi
Blixi
!The Nameless One!

Number of posts : 167
Job/hobbies : Military
Humor : A man walk into a bar...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:03 pm

This definitely does not make sense...

Is it true that you cannot vote if you are a felon? But you can be a senator if you are a felon? Uh...What?
sage

I don't know what is in the water in Alaska but...first of all they love Palin who is, well, useless as a politician and the Alaskan people may have re-elected a senator that was just convicted of like 7 different felony charges. Are you kidding me?
banj

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:02 pm

Blixi wrote:
Ash wrote:So it looks like there is consensus that everyone doodles and draws during lectures.

I used to as well.

I didn't draw much when bored in class, I would sneak on some music on my tiny earphones. dj

who says you can't do both Suspect
--The Swedish Elf--

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:09 pm

So then, most of our notes from, lets say, a genetic engineering class would look something like this:

sharkGenetic engineering is machine gun the deliberate alteration *dove of the genetic ppolmake-up guit priof an organism by anger dracf manipulation of its DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid)

best gg molecule (a double helixstrider chemical structure orc gimli mm1 containing genetic information) ppto effect a change beerdfrg in hereditary traits.

alcoGenetic engineering techniques nooo rryinclude cell fusion counting rrr golland the use of cute recombinant DNA (RNA) necro smeagol eeveor gene-splicing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:11 pm

I'd have to give those notes an A.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:43 pm

Blixi wrote:

I used to as well.

I never much liked wearing headphones. I feel like I must always be aware of my surroundings, and as someone who becomes fully entranced in music, headphones are not so good...plus sticking things in my left ear seems to stimulate attacks of vertigo, and the old skool type of headphones are not easily hidden.

Luckily, I've always had some sort of internal Ipod, which is on most of the time, and many times, was the inspiration for my elaborate school-time doodles.
Oddly
Oddly
thrall

Number of posts : 291
Job/hobbies : Pre-Raphaelite Punk
Humor : Roboticon features built in humor simulator and funny bone sensory unit.
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://oddly.nu

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:51 pm

ear-sighted wrote:So then, most of our notes from, lets say, a genetic engineering class would look something like this:

sharkGenetic engineering is machine gun the deliberate alteration *dove of the genetic ppolmake-up guit priof an organism by anger dracf manipulation of its DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid)

best gg molecule (a double helixstrider chemical structure orc gimli mm1 containing genetic information) ppto effect a change beerdfrg in hereditary traits.

alcoGenetic engineering techniques nooo rryinclude cell fusion counting rrr golland the use of cute recombinant DNA (RNA) necro smeagol eeveor gene-splicing.
Sometimes I would take notes with out any memory of doing it, of course, I never had any idea what the notes meant.
Through no small miracle, I was able to finish school.
Oddly
Oddly
thrall

Humor : Roboticon features built in humor simulator and funny bone sensory unit.

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:56 am

Oddly wrote:
Blixi wrote:

I used to as well.

I never much liked wearing headphones. I feel like I must always be aware of my surroundings, and as someone who becomes fully entranced in music, headphones are not so good...plus sticking things in my left ear seems to stimulate attacks of vertigo, and the old skool type of headphones are not easily hidden.

Luckily, I've always had some sort of internal Ipod, which is on most of the time, and many times, was the inspiration for my elaborate school-time doodles.

i'm like that too... i can't eat, read, surf the webb or do anything really, with my back towards an open door. i like small spaces or rooms with so much stuff in them that the room fells small and warm, because there is less space to be in control of , i cant use headphones but i have to take them out if i walk home at dusk or night, i have a need to be aware of every single footstep or person in my surrounding, it actually once helped me to shake off some robbers, i knew that they where aiming for me before i left the buss. i knew the area better then them, i am always aware of th pase of other peoples footsteps, and they didn't know that i knew what they where going to try. i choose a road i would be safe on, with my strategy i would only have to walk 50 meters of unsafe road, and i managed to take a path that fooled them they could take me down later on on an even less open path. but they did not know i lived on the same road as one of the biggest bosses in the region. i enjoyed seeing their faces when i suddenly leaped across the road a totally different way then my path had indicated and was entering the only road they did not dare to make a scene on. they even put a guy at the base of the road while the rest ran round the parallel street to catch me if i was only faking to live on lavender street. boy was they shocked when i actually entered my house
--The Swedish Elf--

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:46 pm

ecthelion of the fountain wrote:i'm like that too... i can't eat, read, surf the webb or do anything really, with my back towards an open door. i like small spaces or rooms with so much stuff in them that the room fells small and warm, because there is less space to be in control of , i cant use headphones but i have to take them out if i walk home at dusk or night, i have a need to be aware of every single footstep or person in my surrounding, it actually once helped me to shake off some robbers, i knew that they where aiming for me before i left the buss. i knew the area better then them, i am always aware of th pase of other peoples footsteps, and they didn't know that i knew what they where going to try. i choose a road i would be safe on, with my strategy i would only have to walk 50 meters of unsafe road, and i managed to take a path that fooled them they could take me down later on on an even less open path. but they did not know i lived on the same road as one of the biggest bosses in the region. i enjoyed seeing their faces when i suddenly leaped across the road a totally different way then my path had indicated and was entering the only road they did not dare to make a scene on. they even put a guy at the base of the road while the rest ran round the parallel street to catch me if i was only faking to live on lavender street. boy was they shocked when i actually entered my house

I'm glad - not glad that you have freaky surrondings like me, but that you understand what I mean. Usually when tell people why I don't wear headphones, they think its some sort of psychotic paranoia.
(Also, while on the topic of both headphones and things that don't make sense, it just seems like a lot of people like to talk about stinkin' cool their Ipods are, and some of these people seem to get sincerely offended when I show no interest in the subject or desire to purchase an Ipod...its really weird.)

I never really used headphones before, but while I was living in Italy, there was a group of British students on the train; most of them were *of course* listening to their music or chatting away. One girl was asleep with her headphones on, and in plain sight, some guy hand his hand in her purse. No one in her group noticed and no one else did anything, so I grabbed the guy's arm and he took off with her wallet, and her friends her woke up and some of them chased after the guy, and I didn't stay on the train too long after that, so I don't know if she got her stuff back, but I told them not to wear headphones in public and always look out for their stuff.

No one has ever pickpocketed me (as far as I know) or really tried mugging me, I think they are too confused by my attire, but I do tend to attract perverts...not that I'm ever dressed in anything very sexy or low cut, some people are just perverted. One man on the trolley tried to grab at my bum, but I was wearing a very full taffeta skirt, and taffeta, being a crisp fabric, makes an audible crunching noise, so I turned around right away; the guy had a big, dirty grin on his face and a fist full of fabric, so I pulled out my seam ripper and yelled at him and it scared him off.

Then there was another pervert, just a few months ago, who came up to me on the trolley and asked 'How much?'
I wanted to believe that maybe he was asking about my pretty brooch, so I pointed to it and told him I found it in a thrift shop for $10...not what he was asking about, so I looked him straight in the eyes and told him something to the effect of 'If you are inquiring as to whether I am prostitute, no, I am not, nor is there any amount of money you could acquire in your lifetime that would convince me to let you try to pleasure me,' then pulled out the seam ripper and called him a 'sick bastard' and scared him off. That time I had a friend with me, so it wasn't as freaky as when I've had to deal with creeps alone, and thankfully, I've never had to deal with any weirdos while being in a secluded place...yep, good times!
Oddly
Oddly
thrall

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:42 pm

if it was paranoia, closing a door or turning off the music wouldn't be enough...

male goths/blackmetal fans can usually walk anywhere and feel safe. i noticed while i followed the dresscode more strictly that dudes twice my size would move out of the way. me and my buddys coudl walk through pretty dangerous parks when buying beer, if people think you are psycho they won't try anything, even if they have knifes and stuff.
--The Swedish Elf--

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:37 pm

I got mugged once by gang members.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:36 am

well, wearing those socks...you were asking for it! just kidding, i love the beer socks almost as much as i love beer!

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:46 pm

ecthelion of the fountain wrote:if it was paranoia, closing a door or turning off the music wouldn't be enough...

male goths/blackmetal fans can usually walk anywhere and feel safe. i noticed while i followed the dresscode more strictly that dudes twice my size would move out of the way. me and my buddys coudl walk through pretty dangerous parks when buying beer, if people think you are psycho they won't try anything, even if they have knifes and stuff.
People on the street usually leave me alone *except perverts or people asking if I'm part of an event*, but sometimes while shopping, store security or someone working at the store will follow me around the aisles. I suppose they think I'm going to steal stuff; I think if I were going to go about shoplifting that I'd be wearing something less conspicuous. ;D
I usually just smile and wave at them and they quickly turn and pretend like they're too busy working to notice me. It doesn't happen that often, but often enough where I've noticed it happening.
Oddly
Oddly
thrall

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:16 pm

If people bother me I just kill them.

oh wait.. I meant on Fallout 3. pirat
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Blixi Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:57 pm

Ash wrote:If people bother me I just kill them.

oh wait.. I meant on Fallout 3. pirat

beer
Blixi
Blixi
!The Nameless One!

Number of posts : 167
Job/hobbies : Military
Humor : A man walk into a bar...

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:26 am

sage

Kill them, you say...hmm.

I went on killing sprees on Morrowind and Fable...then I felt bad about it afterwards, ha!
Oddly
Oddly
thrall

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:15 pm

Oddly wrote:sage

Kill them, you say...hmm.

I went on killing sprees on Morrowind and Fable...then I felt bad about it afterwards, ha!

yea, I have that problem too. Which is a good thing, violent
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Maurice the Zombie Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:06 am

I never went on a killing spree in any of those games.

Maybe there is something wrong with me?

I mean, everyone else did.
Maurice the Zombie
Maurice the Zombie
seeker

Number of posts : 26
Humor : ever seen a Zombie laugh?
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:28 am

yes there is, how else would you be able to own entire citys Twisted Evil

i know a guy that was unable to play evil characters in both fable and KotOR, because it made him feel bad... there is definitely something wrong with that innocent people cheers
--The Swedish Elf--

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald effin' Duck Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:17 pm

ecthelion of the fountain wrote:i know a guy that was unable to play evil characters in both fable and KotOR, because it made him feel bad...

Well, now you know another one. I always play either complete paragons of virtue and goodness or self-serving neutrals because if I played an evil character I wouldn't be able to stop feeling guilty.
Donald effin' Duck
Donald effin' Duck
conqueror of the flesh

Number of posts : 116
Humor : Phlegmatic.

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:35 pm

but then you only get 2 story lines... you will never get to see the third line of scenes and maybe even miss out on some maps... besides, the 3rd time you play a game you don't want it to go too slow, and evil characters at least initially usually get money and xp quicker then good characters...
--The Swedish Elf--

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:34 pm

Donald effin' Duck wrote:
ecthelion of the fountain wrote:i know a guy that was unable to play evil characters in both fable and KotOR, because it made him feel bad...

Well, now you know another one. I always play either complete paragons of virtue and goodness or self-serving neutrals because if I played an evil character I wouldn't be able to stop feeling guilty.
yea.. some of the missions in Oblivion for the assassins guild are so heinous, I'm surprised they put it in the game... like having to go kill little kids and stuff..
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by ecthelion of the fountain Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:31 pm

yeah i had problems with the most evil deed like that when i first started playing rpg... but now i don't, its all about realizing that its only a game
--The Swedish Elf--

Back to top Go down

Post by Oddly Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:40 pm

Ash wrote:yea.. some of the missions in Oblivion for the assassins guild are so heinous, I'm surprised they put it in the game... like having to go kill little kids and stuff..
That's just awful...I'd probably do it, but then cry later from guilt, haha!
My brother told me, on Fable, that the kids can't die, so I wanted to see if it was true...I started beating up the kids at the school and they didn't die and I got really annoyed, so I killed the teacher *who was in love with me*...I think that's what started my killing spree on Fable.
I felt so bad for hitting the kids...then the Chicken Kickin'...nooo, I'm horrible person!
I don't think I've played Fable since, the guilty memories are coming back!

In Morrowind, it was pretty fun flying around and conquering all of Vivec with the help of my supply of stolen arrows and that flying potion blessing thingie. I felt bad afterwards, but I kept playing for a while. I'm almost finished with the game, but I haven't really played it since last year. It started provoking my swirly vision *Meniere's* and also I haven't really had much free time.
Oddly
Oddly
thrall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next